Sunday 6 October 2013

Life has taken an unexpected turn!


In the Indian society, being 27 years old, unmarried and thinking of studying further is not the combination everyone looks favorably upon. After all, isn't this the time when you should be looking for a bride, thinking of settling in?

You see, my priorities in life are different, and something that irritates the living hell out of my family as well. I do not want to go according to the rules and regulations of what the 'society' deems fit. I want to live life the way I find it satisfactory. But does that mean that studying further was a conscious decision I took? Absolutely not.

A lot of external factors were a reason why I decided to take this course. Professional advantage, personal gains to an extent (which is somewhat not the case anymore) and overall development of my personality with an international exposure...some things that I found were worth investing money in. After all, "Education is something that lives with you for life".

As I was boarding my flight to London, I had butterflies in my stomach. I will miss my family, my friends, and more importantly the luxuries I have had at my home. Here, I will have to cook my own food, make my own bed, wash my own clothes, and set a budget for myself. Not only this, but also to meet and be a part of a cohort which will have different people with different backgrounds and to adjust with them was something I dreaded and looked forward to at the same time.

Reading!

So how far has this journey been? To sum up in one word - Exciting. I think this one year is going to help me in transforming who I am as an individual, how I think and execute, and how I live. I am beginning to enjoy life (something that had been missing for some time now) and realizing a lot of things on-the-go. I feel more independent, confident and mature to tackle whatever life throws at me. I have made some good friends and look forward to the coming weeks as a litmus test of my abilities as an individual.

The song below kind of sums up what I'm feeling at the moment!



Cheers!

RS

2 comments:

  1. Ravi, we need such people who understand things in the correct perspective. I a m glad to tell people that Ravi had been my classmate and a friend. I too feel that we should do things which we want to do, and not because society accepts it. We made society and now we are scared of it. sad... but happy for u, stay in touch. All the best
    Pramod

    ReplyDelete